Saturday, May 21, 2011

Spanish Holiday & Cleaning Up The Chips!

I am just back from a lovely weekend in Barcelona. I headed over with my brother, his friend, and my father. You can't beat a bit of 25 degrees heat! We got VIP tickets for Barcelona's last home game of the season versus Deportivo La Coruná. They were presented with the La Liga title and they was a real party atmosphere in the Camp Nou, they even had a fireworks display! We were in the enclosure with all the wives and girlfriends (unfortunately Piqué's girlfriend Shakira decided not to show up!), the president aka Sandro Rosell also rubbed shoulders with us for a while. The players carried out a weird celebration, after getting the trophy,they started throwing red peppers into the crowd. I managed to get my hands on one, and in total they handed out 16,000 peppers!
 


 I have bought my first poker book since I started playing poker. My first book was "Poker for dummies"! Aptly titled as I didn't have a clue but looking back on it now I realise how directed at the novice it was! I decided to buy Miko Caro's physcology of Poker. I have read some good reviews about it and it seems to be an interesting book. Also my girlfriend does physcology in college, so it would be nice to read her mind for once and not vice versa!


Here comes a little bit of a plug! I bought the book off the book depository.com. It's a cool site as it has a very wide range of books and, most importantly, it supplies free delivery worldwide. I think it is slightly dearer than amazon but the free shipping makes up for it. I have used it before for some christmas shopping after I heard it being mentioned on a budget show on tv and I must say I have had no complaints. Also during the  month of May,if you use the code "May11" you get 10% of your purchases. I paid €14.23 for the book and I have my eye on a few other books that might come in handy, like the bibles of poker, the super system series (the old testament) and the harrington on hold'em volumes(the new testament). I might add these to my collection over the coming months.
 


My prediction has come true with the micro tables on Stars. The fish have come out of the woodwork for the SCOOP and I have been hoovering up their chips at the 5NL tables. So far I have surpassed my previous month's best of $145 by quite a bit and this is without playing a really big pot. I am just pottering away, winning a buy-in here,a buy-in there. Long may this continue! I have also played a few feeder satellites into the SCOOP events and then just kept the tourney $'s. I will leave you with the stats so far for May,a new personal best!
 May:
Bankroll =  $804 (+ $184)

Vpps = 364

Yearly vpps = 2,643

3 comments:

  1. yeah u forgot my link to bro and can u also click the follow tab on my page to the right. look after me and rosh hehehe

    ReplyDelete