Sunday, May 8, 2011

SCOOP Begins & Bonuses Stack Up!

I have had a good start to the month. I have cleared another €10 of the reload bonus and I now have another bonus to clear! I played in the 2+2 pokercast tournament on Sunday last. This is a $1.10 tournament run by the 2+2 forum and the password is given out on air. They supply an additional $500 to the prizepool and they also hand out a $50 bonus to whoever finishes in the top 18. They change the game type every week and this week it was the turn of pot limit omaha. Granted this game type is not my forté (indeed I have only ever played omaha a handful of times!), but I had nothing else to do on a bank holiday Sunday! I played nice and tight, or whatever I understood tight play to be in Omaha!


 At times I was lost in the action, having to check back over hands to see who won and how they won! Suprisingly, I headed in to the final table 2nd in chips but the blinds were high and I eventually bowed out in 8th place, pocketing $19.22 for my troubles. The main positive was that I had won myself a $50 bonus that I now have 90 days to unlock it. On the downside I will effectively only have 60 days to clear it as I can't clear my two bonuses concurrently. In this time I have to accrue 350 fpp's which should be a piece of cake seeing as I normally earn that amount of fpp's in a month.


This is a timely boost to my bankroll challenge as I now have two bonuses to unlock and the Stellar rewards to earn. I feel like a supernova elite with all the rakeback I am earning!! I also had the pleasure of having JRmontano on my starting table. I can't remember the last time I sat with him in a tournament, probably a pokerspace event, but I was glad when he was knocked out as I knew he was a dangerous player on my table. Better luck next time Jr!


I have just busted out of the first NL $22 low event  in the SCOOP. It was a non-event really. Built my stack up to double the starting one and then hit top two against a flopped straight. So, that's one of my SCOOP tickets used up. I played a hyper-turbo for the tournament and scored with it so I now have $22 tournament dollars in my account now too. I will leave you with the stats for May so far:
May:
Bankroll =  $723 (+ $103)

Vpps = 171
Yearly vpps = 2,450

No comments:

Post a Comment