Saturday, May 7, 2011

The SCOOP & April Stats

So it's that time of year again! The Spring Championship Of Online Poker  or  The SCOOP as it is fondly known! I have never cashed in a SCOOP event before but then again I have only ever played  in one tournament! I am currently in posession of one $22 ticket and two $11 tickets which I won during WBCOOP. Now it is time to parlay these free tickets into some serious revenue! I still haven't decided which tournaments to play yet. I might combine the two $11 tickets into another $22 ticket and then just play two events.


 Pokerstars have released a revised schedule for the SCOOP in light of the recent revelations with regards to the American players. As expected, the guarantees are all reduced but there is a slight upside for the Europeans to be happy about. Pokerstars have changed the times of the events to a more European friendly schedule. The only problem for me is that the tournaments that I would be interested in playing (full ring NL $22 & $11 tournaments), run on Sundays at the same time as I would be travelling up to Dublin. I might have to play some mid-week tournaments but these are 6-max which have proven to be my achille's heel in the past.


I hope to make a bit more money off the tables as recreational fish come onto the site for the series. Hopefully I will be on the right side of these spew monkeys! I have so far cleared €10 of the €50 reload bonus which came from the SCOOP promotion. I have also collected my third VIP stellar reward and I am inching closer to the 5,000 yearly fpp goal. The completion of this goal would give me an extra $70 and this would in turn help me to achieve my "Triple the Bankroll" challenge. May was an interesting month for everyone in the poker world. I actually put in quite a lot of time at the tables and nearly achieved SilverStar status for May only for the fact that I didn't play a hand of poker the week after "Black Friday".


Excluding the bonuses earned during the month, I am only up a small amount on the tables. This is partly down to me playing poorly, poor table selection and the cards going against me. I have started to play more 5 NL dollar tables as they seem to be busier than the euro tables. Suprisingly my stats vary greatly between the two currency tables. I am down about $30 on the dollar tables compared to being up around €40 on the euro tables. For the month of May I might focus on this statistic and try to drag my winrate up on the $ tables. Once again I will leave you with the figures for the month of April:
April:
Bankroll =  $620 (+ $78)

Vpps = 620
Yearly vpps = 2,279

No comments:

Post a Comment