Thursday, December 2, 2010

Search To Get Out Of The Red!!

Since I had hit my last goal of getting the stellar award I had to set myself a new one. I have been slowly climbing out of the losses I made before I went to the US. So my new goal is to be break even by New Years. I have been closely dissecting my stats on pokertableratings and I now realise where my big leak is when it comes to online poker. 6-MAX CASH GAMES!! I have lost a lot of money playing these games and I can't see myself playing these games again until I do a bit of study on the strategies for short handed games.


On the other hand I am very pleased with my full ring game stats. I am a profitable player at all the full ring games I play. I aim just to keep up the grind at the 1c/2c tables and this will hopefully get me out of the red by the end of the year. I was -$135 in cash games when I came back from America and now I am -$45. I have stopped playing the 5c/10c tables for the moment as I now realise (with a little help from my friends at pokerspace!) that my bankroll can't take the variance and swings at that level for a little while.


I am happy to drop down stakes. It would be different if I was playing poorly at the 5c/10c tables but I wasn't. It will put me in good stead when I have a larger bankroll. So here I go trying to get into the black!

3 comments:

  1. linked your blog up m8
    good luck with the grind, prob see you at the tables sometime soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fine on the .2/.4 6max tables, but bleed chips on the .5/.10 tables. So nothing too much to worry about. The experience will stand you in good stead for the future.
    Keep up with the grind, it sounds like you are managing your roll properly now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the grind, sounds like you're going about this the right way

    ReplyDelete