Thursday, December 9, 2010

Finally I Am A Break-Even Player!

So I am finally break even! It wasn't too difficult, just had to keep up the form that I had been keeping on the 2c tables. The $45 balance had disappeared in no time! Here is the interesting graph to prove it! Just look at that horrible crash! What was I thinking? That downswing was purely due to poor play and playing the wrong stakes. I now feel I have a spring board to give a good go at moving up the stakes. I have always had my losses hanging over me and now this feels like turning over a brand new leaf.



I noticed Pokerstars are running an exclusive Irish €1,000 freeroll every Sunday for the month of December. I registered late for it on Sunday and had to get a bit aggressive...... and lucky! I also had to get a lift up to Dublin so I was purely building a stack that would hopefully carry me into the money when I was sitting out! I was chip leader with 100 left and the top 63 being paid. Then I had to get my lift. When I plugged in the internet up in college I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had finished 18th for €8. I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't play the whole tournament because the money was very good for a freeroll and the field was small, but I am content with my payday. Every little counts!



I also played in an Irish Student Masters freeroll on Paddy Power Poker this week. It was offering two seats to the €110 tournament. I got close to winning my very first live tournament satellite but no cigar. I finished 6th. This is a tournament I would like to qualify for but satellites run so seldom on PPP and it would kill me to pony up the full buy-in!
 

I am going to have to set myself some new goals so I can keep focused on improving. I still have $10 of the PSO bonus to clear but I only have like 56 fpp's to earn. After that I will have to put together some attainable short to medium term goals. Until then!

1 comment:

  1. Can you say you are break even after that fall? How many times did you reload in that time to fund that drop? Dont get me wrong kidda, I am glad you are back in the black and out of the red, but its been a long haul to get there. Hope you can continue on the up and up now and get a very decent roll going and not be in danger of going bust again.

    ReplyDelete