Thursday, December 30, 2010

One Final Cheer For The Year!

Pokerstars were running a Festive Bounty Takedown for the last two weeks of the year, with a £2,000 prizepool and a £250 bounty on the Pokerstars Pro Julian Thew. In order to qualify for the Festive Bounty Takedown you had to earn a ticket in freerolls or £1 rebuy tournaments with the top 36 players earning a seat. I was drawn to the £1 rebuy tournaments because Pokerstars were adding £500 to the prizepool. With an average of 300 runners each night,that £500 adds a little extra juice!


The night I played there were 244 runners and I had to rebuy twice within the fist ten minutes,both times getting it in good. I then went on a really good run of cards that easily brought me into the money. From then on I only had eyes for the £226 first place. With 16 left I got extremely lucky with me holding 6 7 on a board of 2 2 6 all in versus kk and k2. I spiked the 6 on the turn and this then made me chipleader going into the final table. In the end I took third place for £123.58. A hefty increase to my bankroll indeed! Here is the screenshot to prove it!


I finished up 64th in the final for £6.40 but unfortunately no bounty win off Mr.Thew. The cash tables have been ticking along nicely for me at the moment. Obviously I have been cutting back with exams but when I do play I seem to be winning the maximum amount. I have also started to dip my toe into the 2c/5c cash games. So far so good, but it is very early days. Still haven't had time to think of some goals for 2011. I'll save that for a post after the exams. Until then, good luck at the tables and good luck in the new year!

2 comments: